Instagram username: yannnieee

Saturday, May 12, 2012

❤ New Revlon products UPDATE!!! ❤

I'm just going to jump right into it because I know that before I know it, I will have typed out a super long novel so I'm cutting out the long intro for everyone's sake lol 


So this was one of the products that I actually paid for. It was something that I had been looking for but in a top coat version rather than just a quick dry for polish. Overall it does the job but it leaves an oily residue and a eucalyptus type smell. Also with the sped up drying process, it does not help with the chipping and denting factor so you still have to be somewhat careful to keep the manicure intact. But like I said, it does the job so I will keep using it until I find a better alternative. 


This is such a hard to use polish. It goes on streaky and has a tendency to not be consistent when applying to the nail. What I mean is that some areas of the nail with have full coverage of the colour but the might be little sections where the nail can still be seen like sheer polishes. However this happens even when applying a second or third layer and then it just gets way too thick. I really like the colour but this was just impossible to use. I find that a lot of revlon polishes are either hard to use or become gluggie/thick and just reach an unusable point that still actually has a fair amount of product left which is annoying because you feel like you're wasting nail polish by not using it. I'm going to keep attempting to perfect this polish, sometimes it might be my application technique or how much of the first layer I coat on or whatever but hope for this product seems bleak. Currently this is receiving a thumbs down for me Monkey Emoticon


Next is the Customs Eyes Mascara. I like it but I don't love it. It's kinda of a 'meh' for me because I'm in love with my Napoleon Perdis mascara. After using that one, which is like a comb rather than a brush, I find it so much easier to use and all my lashes get coated individually and perfectly but the Revlon one does go on smoothly with no clumping. Also in saying that its 'meh' I do love the fact that it does two things. It allows for added length and drama or length and definition. And it definitely will do either of them. So its a good product but it's not the best. It does different things that I'm not too particularly interesting in but I am trying to interchange the usage of my mascaras so I am using this currently.




This was the other product that I had originally paid for. I am loving it!! It is a tad too light for me but I think after a while it kinda settles in and doesn't look so pale/ghostly white. I'm pretty satisfied with this product and I kinda expected to be because I had looked into the product before going to purchase it and pretty much knew that it would suit me. I think for next time, when I run out of this one I'll probably get the translucent one so that won't have the ghostly effect at all. But I don't think that will be anytime soon and I'm sure by then other products will have caught my eye. Also with this product, the brush that comes with it, I actually don't use it but I use a puffy thing Monkey Icon that you can like 'puff' onto your face which I find is easier to apply and just looks like a smoother finish. I also just find that using the brush makes the product get everywhere and then I'm left with powder all over the bathroom floor so using the puffy thing is a much cleaner method.


This was the lip butter that I received in the goodies bag and I wouldn't usually go for a colour like this but since I got it for free, I wasn't complaining. I tried it and I actually really like the colour on me. It's not an intense pop of red but rather a subtle more wearable red and so much easier to pull of. The vibrant and colourful red is so difficult to apply and wear on an everyday basis for me so I think this is a good balance. Plus I kinda knew already that I would like the formula of it since I love my Strawberry Cupcake lip butter. I posted about that when I first purchased it and I mentioned that mine smelt like coconut so I've been wondering since then if all the other ones do too but the Pink Truffle smells mostly like normal lip stick, it kinda has a scent but not really. So it is either my lip butter or just that colour, odd hmmm...
While on the topic of lip butters, I absolutely love them now. When I first got this one, I was kinda slow to warm up to it especially since I had been using the Clinque Chubby Stick which I put on the holy grail list. I remember first using it and it becoming dry/crackly and I just didn't really care for the wear of it. But over time I've kinda adapted and now the wear is perfectly fine for me. 
I'm really enjoying wearing these two colour together. I sometimes apply the Pink Truffle first and use the Strawberry Cupcake as more of a glossy brighter finish. 











This eyeliner is SO black and SO easy to apply BUT smudges SO easily. But the end of the day, I would look like a panda and throughout the day it would kinda seep out through the side. This is in no way waterproof or smudge proof. So the only good thing about this is that its easy to apply. I like that its a really dark black but the fact that it doesn't last long on my eyes means that the darkness of the black goes else where which makes the colour not so great anymore. I've probably used this only two times and I don't think I'll be reaching for it any time soon.
Also in the picture on the far right, the top is a swatch of the eyeliner and the bottom is a swatch of the Pink Truffle lip butter.




So the last thing in the goodies bag is the eye shadow pallet. This has to be my favorite pallet to date. I'm not really an eye shadow person so I wouldn't go out and buy one. All the ones that I do have, which are only two other ones, have been gifts and the colour of them are so gorgeous but are just not easy for a beginner like me to pull off or apply. This however is the perfect pallet for a beginner. I've been using this for a subtle smokey eye look which I'm not entirely sure I'm getting right but at least I've finally dove into the eye shadow world. Also with the darkest brown on the bottom right, I've been using that to fill in my brows. Before that I had been using a brow pencil, which I still use for a few little areas or touch ups, but I just find that using only the pencil creates too harsh of a look while using the eye shadow is more smooth and natural.  


So this is the actually goodies bag that everything came in and I've basically turned this bag into a storage for lip and eye makeup products. So all my lip sticks, lip glosses, lip balms, eye shadows, mascara, and etc... I used to just have one big bag full of all that plus foundations, primer and just a heap of stuff. So now that I have another bag, I just figured it would be easier to separate things and create somewhat of an organised system. 


Next thing I wanna say is that I've started a tumblr account and my first post was today's OOTD. So if you would like to go check that out click righttt  here  <--- there hehe.  


Oh and NEW PRODUCT ALERT!!! 
When I went shopping and did my lush haul a few weeks back, I also accompanied my friend to the body shop. She had heard great things about their new seaweed line and saw that the product which is pictured on the right, had moisturizing properties. What this is, if you can't see the writing in the picture, it is basically a cream that you can apply either before makeup or whenever during the day. I like to do both, so if my skin get oily throughout the day I would just apply a bit and the oil is gone and my face is matte again. I didn't actually realize at the time that my friend ONLY wanted a moisturizer but because she picked this up I thought she wanted what this was offering so I tested it and it worked for me because I get really oily in my T-zone so I told her to get it because is actually works well. But the afterwards we both kinda realized that she doesn't get oily skin so that was a bit of a fail purchase. She decided to give it to me since I would get more use out of it and I REALLY do. I love this stuff!!! I'd rather pull this out of my bag and apply it to my face than using the oil blotting sheets. Mainly because it's gross looking at the oily sheet of paper which you know was caused by your face. But also because it seems like a lot of people still don't know what they are, so every time I pull them out and start blotting people give me the weirdest looks like I'm crazy.
I seem to be running out of concluding sentences lol but yeah byeee Monkey Icon

No comments:

Post a Comment