Instagram username: yannnieee

Monday, May 7, 2012

♡ HAUL ♡

I went SHOPPING!!! 
I know that I've said previously that I was saving up but I had a credit voucher which was money I had used before I started saving so its kinda like free money,kinda haha. 
I had previously purchased a Ipad case from Forever New but unfortunately when I got home it was difficult to put the Ipad through the sleeve, I was literally shoving it in and by the time it was sitting in the sleeve, the case couldn't close so I took it back for a refund but instead they gave me a credit voucher. I thought I should get a refund as the product was faulty, it said on the label that it was compatible with Ipad1 and 2, and mine was a 1. But I wasn't really up for arguing about it. Anyway, when I went shopping yesterday with my mother, I had seen this really pretty case. There was another lady looking at the cases also and she had the Ipad1 and 2 with her so I asked if I could see if the 1 would fit in the case I was looking at, which it did. I was so happy but the other lady wanted that case too however it was the last one displayed. As the kind girl I am, I went to the counter and asked for her if there were any more in stock like maybe in the back rooms or something. Whilst the lady was checking, I some how lost my mother in the tiny store. I went for a little look-about and found her. By the time I got back to the counter I realized that the store ladies had found another one, a new cleaner one and the other lady took it. I was so annoyed and frustrated. I'm a little bit weird with stuff like that because I know I'm going to dirty it over time so I don't want to have the old, unclean version to start with. I was peeved -__- not happy at all. Then for some odd reason I started to stress out. I mentioned in my previous post that I had been under a lot of stress and I guess it hadn't worn off yet. I literally exploded in the store... okay not literally but basically (that would be so weird if I did explode haha). I couldn't make a decision if I wanted the dirty one or choose another case. In the end I left the store just deciding not to decide HAHA. I figured I might try my luck in other shopping centres. So I woke up early today and went to the Forever New in Pacific Fair. I walked into the store and discovered that the case I wanted was not there AT ALL, not a clean one and not even a dirty one. So I tried my luck further and asked the store assistant if there were any matching the description I gave in the back room. I was hearing a lot of 'if its not on the shelf then its all gone' :( but the girl was kind enough to look harder and found one. She came out and honestly if she didn't notice it I probably wouldn't have because I was so excited and relieved but there was a huge black mark on the back and since the case is white it is so obvious. Lucky there was another one, completely clean and perfect. What kinda depressed me a little was that I found out there was a navy version which would be so much better because the navy wouldn't get ruined or messy as fast plus I'm super into navy right now. But I was comprising. I got what I came for after a LONG journey. 
Such a cute case right!!! And I love that its like a little hand bag. It also comes with a longer strap so you can hang it off your shoulder like a normal bag however I guess my luck ended and when I got home, I realized it didn't come with the longer strap. FAIL. So I called the store and told them what happened and they said that if I come in they can help me except tomorrow is a public holiday and they don't open. OF COURSE -___-! So I have to wait till Tuesday and drive all the way back just for a strap! Fantastic! Not like I have any where else to be or anything. A lot of effort for a stupid cute case, I'm beginning to think its not worth all this stress and time. 
ANYWAY!!! 
I kept shopping around some more because when I get started, I really get started. I went to checkout revlon's photoready powders because I had heard good things about it plus I already sometimes use the photoready foundation so I was kinda already leaning towards buying it. 
I got it in 010 fair/light. I thought this was way too light for me but the next colour up was way too dark. Since I like a lighter finish, I went for this one. I used it this afternoon, before work and I love it.  It feels so light weight and makes me look flawless ^^ This was only $34.95 and Myers was having a Revlon promotion going on. So if you spend $39.95 or over you can choose one of either two packs. But first I had to spend a bit more to get to the limit. So I got something that I've been searching for forever now and its a quick dry for nail polish, I wanted it in top coat form but Revlon only has the formula that speeds up your nail polish dry time. 
This was $15.95 so I was more that enough over the limit. What really bothers me about this was the fact that not too long ago I purchased a lip butter. I would have like to have known at the time that this promotion was coming up so I would have gotten the lip butter later on instead of forcing myself into getting this polish. This wasn't really something I couldn't live without or I was really dying to have. But at least I left with something I actually wanted and didn't just pick up something random. 

<--- So that is the packaging the gift comes in











The other one had Grow Luscious Mascara, ColourStay Nail Enamel in Amethys, A lip liner and ColourBurst lip gloss which I'm not sure of what exactly the colour was or from what line it came from but I know both were kinda darkish colours and didn't really interest me at all so I didn't even take time to findout what it really was. I went straight to this one. The other one also had a similar eyeshadow pallet as the one in my pack but the colours vary ever-so-slightly and the makeup bag was purple but the same design as what I got. 
So now going into what exactly I got in my goodies bag which I think is more for my age plus it just had more things that I wanted and would use. 
So I got this super cool mascara called Custom Eyes. It lets you have the choice of two looks. Most mascara will advertise to increase length or add drama/volume and ect. This wand was designed to be able to interchange and do two things, 1. length and drama and 2. length and definition. The wand will change the positioning of the bristles depending on which setting you choose. I think that is pretty nifty and for the fact that I basically got it for free is amazing. This usually retails for about $25 I think, so I'm pretty ecstatic right now

I also got a revlon lip butter in 001 Pink Truffle and the normal price is $22. This isn't a colour that I would pick up to buy but since I got it in the goodies bag, I'm not complaining. I love my Strawberry Cupcake lip butter so I know the formula would be the same. The colour was surprising to me. On the stick it looks really brownish red like dry dirt clay..? lol but when I applied it on my lip it had a bit of a orangeish, pinky undertone and it doesn't look half bad. I actually really like it. It comes off more red than brown and I find that its a more wearable red lip colour than the full pop of red. Usually you have to style it up to pull off the red but with this, its more natural and easy. So I'm glad this was in the goodies bag or I never would have gotten it. 

The pack also came with a eye liner pencil in Onyx from the Grow Luscious line and I don't know what the price usually is. It literally goes on so BLACK and really easy. One light swoop of the swatch on the right -------------------> was so intense already. When I used it on my bottom lash liner, I realised that I had to be more careful when applying with this or else you'd either look super goth with heavy black eye makeup or completely ruin everything. Its easy to apply and that's a huge reason why its easy to mess up. Plus if you do mess up, its so black that its noticeable. When I got home I realised that its not really water proof. The swatch on my hand didn't really come off with water but my eyes started to tear up a bit tonight and the black was smudging and running a bit. So its not waterproof and its smudges like the slightest bit.
The swatch below that black line is the Pink Truffle Lip Butter :) 
So this is the eye shadow colour palate that came with the pack and its called Attitude Attitude 545 and again I'm unaware of this price. I tried to capture the true colour but the top left is like a nude with a pinky undertone, the on the top right is a like a light brown champagne colour, the bottom left is a earthy, mud brown and the bottom right is a rich, dark, chocolate brown. 
This is in the colour 060 Cafe' Pink and is usually $13.95. Its a really pretty pink with kinda light red/orangish undertones like salmon kinda. Its a colorstay so it means that it won't cheap but I tried it on my thumb and at work a bit of it chipped. FAIL lol. I didn't apply a top coat but I thought it would have lasted at least a night since it claims to not chip. But I love the colour so that wins me over ^^ 
And that is it for the goodies bag. Heaps of stuff for an amazing deal. It was literally like getting free stuff!!! I LOVE FREE STUFF!!! haha 

Afterwards I headed to lush to buy this cuticle butter since my cuticles are getting horrid! I wanted this one in particular because it smells lemony and I'm in love with zesty smells right now. 
That was it for the personal shopping. I left Pacific Fair and did a bit of grocery shopping plus lunch for the afternoon. I got sushi from Sushi Train in Christine Corner. Best Sushi Train ever! No other Sushi Train is as good as the one at Christine Corner. 

And once again I'm done with my superrr long post. I need to learn how to cut things down and be more precise haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment