Instagram username: yannnieee

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

☺ LUSH UPDATE ☹

First off I wanna start by saying that I love Lush. I think all their products are just amazing and cool and mind blowing to me. In saying that, my recent purchases from there had a few hiccups. 


Ocean salt was not one of the hiccups, I absolutely adore this product. I love the smell, the colour, and the feel of it. The only tiny issue I have with it would be the grains of rock salt in it. Some of them are massive and chucky and I just can not scrub that on my face. I compensate by using that part on my body to scrub with but like I said, it was only a tiny issue. 

The next thing I got was the Aqua Mirabilis and this was a HUGE hiccup. I was not happy at all! Firstly I wanna just say that this is an amazing product, it scrubs well and it leaves the skin feeling like it had just been moisturized. My skin was so soft after using this, the little bumps on my arms began to fade and the discoloration on my armpits were getting heaps better just after a few uses. 



It was probably about the fourth  or fifth day that I realised my skin was developing some pimples, mozzie like bits, and little red bumps here and there. It was a combination of weird things going on. And it was everywhere! It was all up my arms, down my thighs to my legs, it was on my tummy, on my chest area and it was even on my bottom. It was not a pretty sight. I figure that I must have been scrubbing too hard or something so I ceased using it until the bumps subsided. I waited about 2weeks until they were gone but I had a few faded marks and I used it again. This time it took no time at all for the bumps to reappear. It was everywhere AGAIN! It was just horrible. So I stopped using it for good now and its been about three weeks or so and the red bumps have gone away but I'm unfortunately left with some scarring. 

As if it wasn't bad enough that I had paid money for a scrub that caused me an allergic reaction, I had also paid for a tin to keep it in good condition. But apparently not using it for three weeks meant that it would grow mold. That is disgusting --->
I swear there is no mold or anything like that in my shower. My other soaps that aren't in tins are nowhere like this and if I knew keeping it in a tin would cause this, I wouldn't have paid close to $6 for it. I'm thinking of going back to Lush and complaining about this products and hopefully I can get a replacement product. I'm not even looking for a refund, I honestly just want better results. I was so appalled when I opened the tin to take a random little looky. This is truly foul and unacceptable, I just couldn't believe this was just sitting in the tin, in my shower probably seeping out into my bathing area and causing me and my whole family diseases ewww Monkey Icon


And lastly the Lemony Flutter cuticle butter. This is truly buttery. I love the smell but if applied during the day, everything you touch next will be so oily. It's more of a over night product as it leave a residue and you wouldn't want to be walking around with oily fingers. In saying that, I do sometimes use it during the day haha I just love the smell too much to not use it all the time. And since using this my cuticles have improved so much. Monkey Emoticon
I'll let you know how complain goes and hopefully it all works out for the best, I really would not rather be stuck with a disgusting bar of body butter scrub and be forced to chuck it away. 
And if you would like to see what cute outfit I wore today, head to my tumblr page missanythingandeverything.tumblr.com 
Monkey Icon KISSES

No comments:

Post a Comment