Instagram username: yannnieee

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

LUSH UPDATE continued

Monkey IconsGOOD NEWS!!!Monkey Icons
I went into the Lush store today and told the store assistants my disgusting tale and actually showed them the revolting product. Needless to say they were equally as revolted and were more than happy to help me replace it, I was so over joyed. I'd have to say that Lush is one of the better customer service stores as I had also lost my receipt and they were so accommodating. They advised me to lean towards some of their products that have salt as a main ingredient as that would be less likely to cause me another allergic reaction, rather than nut based product like the Aqua Mirabilis. They told me that sometimes your skin can be allergic to nuts even though you might be fine with consumption, plus the body butter is super concentrated with the ingredients so it might have been too much for my skin or something like that. Either way I went with a salt scrub called Rub Rub Rub. 
I'm not exactly a huge fan of the smell and I can't really describe what it smells like but it's acceptable enough for me to use it. It is a shower gel with sea salt so it has exfoliating properties and it can be used as a shampoo. It's got lemon juice and mimosa blossom and since I'm pretty certain I have never smelt mimosa blossoms before, that must be the scent that I can't describe. Monkey EmoticonThis lathers up so well, it's super soapy and bubbly and the little salt bits feel so good rubbing onto my skin. I haven't used it on my hair yet but I hear that it is great for adding volume so I'll try scrubbing my hair tomorrow night and see how that goes.
I think the only thing I don't really like about Rub Rub Rub is that I thought it would be more scrubby. I bought it thinking it was a scrub but it's actually a show gel with exfoliating properties so that was my mistake. So I'm still on a mission to find a good scrub for my body. I only got the little tub rather than the big one because I also wanted this other shower gel which I loved it the instant I smelt it. It has this fresh fruity smell to it that is just amazing, it literally exudes happiness which explains why its called Happy HippyMonkey WinksIt has fresh pink grapefruit juice, citrus oils, bergamot oils, and frankincense oils. I used it in my hair first and it is not great at lathering up at all. There were no bubbles or anything, the product just stayed in that one sections of hair and it just couldn't be spread around. This was actually pretty upsetting to me because I only got the smaller bottle and because of the lack of lathering, I had to use more of the product. I then tried it on my body but it didn't lather up either. I did however just watch a youtube video recommending that a loofah be used to help better lather it. So I'll try that tip tomorrow night. 

So far so good with these two products, no hiccups just yet. Fingers crossed it stays that way! 
I also got something else today so if you would like to see what is in that Myer bag head to my tumblr page missanythingandeverything.tumblr.com 
hint: some new transportation devices for my feet :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment