Instagram username: yannnieee

Monday, July 30, 2012

♡ Mani Monday ♡

This is actually a totally random polish. It didn't have a name on it when I bought it because I got it second hand/used. But it's a really pretty natural nude-y brown color. 
I painted this crazy intense blue to match my outfit for today, which will be shown in an upcoming post. This nail polish is from Sportsgirl and true to the colour, it is called Sapphire.
This colour actually has a lot of sentiment to it since it was the polish that started my polish crazy. I wasn't hugely into nail polish about 2 years ago but I did have a small collection. One day I randomly painted my nails with this colour and from then on I've been a nailpolish-holic. I remember thinking this was the perfect dark colour that almost looked black but wasn't so it didn't have that gothic feel to it. Now looking at it, it just looks blue lol. I have know idea what I was looking at, clearly. The only reason why I don't wear this colour more often and the fact that this is the only Sportsgirl polish I own is because Sportsgirl polishes are incredible difficult to work with. They become gluggy and streaky and if you try to fix it with more layers then everything gets ruined all together. Oddly enough, this time it was pretty hassle free. Maybe I'm getting better at application..? hmm.. I did have to shake it a lot to get enough product onto the brush.
Overall I think all that drama and complication is worth it for this amazing colour. It was a pretty pricey polish, costing $7.95 but I will definitely be purchasing it again purely for the sentimental value. Good thing it's part of their permantent line.

No comments:

Post a Comment