Instagram username: yannnieee

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

♡ What's New Wednesday ♡

So I'm starting off this new blogging segment smashingly, posting it 10mins before it's officially Thursday. You can really tell that I'm a dedicated blogger.
Let's kicking this shiz off with food, of course lol.
On Monday I went to this new restaurant called Firefly Churrascaria for family dinner night. It opened not long ago this year in early May and located it is in Broadbeach (2739 Gold Coast Hwy, to be exact), this restaurant has made my occasional visit list. 
I wouldn't go here everyday or often since it is a 'heck-of-a-lot-a of food and not just a lot but A LOT of meat too. Expect to gain weight after dining here. I gained about a kilo afterwards, but I suppose that's just cause I eat my weight in food and possible the fact that I ate a decent amount of lunch that afternoon may have played a part in my scale increase. But still, it was an overload. However in saying that, I'm for sure going back for more. Screw those scales and numbers, there's just gonna be more of me to loveee ^^
Firefly is having this AMAZING winter deal right now. 50% off EVERYTHING! Right! Righttt!!
My family got that banquet option which is usually $60 (with dessert) per person. So with the 50% off deal we only paid $150 for the five of us. Now usually with banquets it's a set amount of food but with this it's basically all you can eat. How fricken' great is that! Food lovers dream. 
Before getting into food I feel the need to mention this. We were seated outside, during winter and I am pleased to report that they have heated lights. Meaning we were not freezing to death. Unfortunately the men weren't able to sit under the lights, but most of the other seatings were directly under them. 
So now getting into the food. The Firefly banquet started off with home made pizzetta with toppings of tomato, onion, jalapeno, pickled green tomatoes, and olives. So basically a 'bruschetta'. I have to say that I despise jalapenos and olives but the whole thing together and the flavor combination made it tasty. Then we were giving our condiments which consisted of roasted tomato relish, honey mustard, and chilli and onion jam. Do not eat the tomato relish, this is coming from a girl who is emensly fond of tomatoes and tomato sauce. I don't even know how to describe what it was like. I've never had tomato relish before so maybe it was spectacular tomato relish, who knows, all I know is I will never be eating tomato relish again. But the onion jam and honey mustard were fricken' to die for. There was also accompanied sides which were a three bean salad, and long grain rice with carrots, peas, and jalapeno. I barely touched this stuff. I'm not saying it was bad but it wasn't my style of food. I like my rice asiany and well I wasn't really in the mood for a bean salad that night or ever in general. 
Then came the good stuff. The meat. So first came the oregano, black pepper, cumin and garlic beef then the South American Chorizo sausage (pork mince) followed by garlic, herb and paprika calamari, chicken drumettes with a five spice marinade, the fish of the day with lemon, garlic and herb, honey roasted pumpkin, smoked tomato and chilli marinade pork, and then lastly fresh herb, garlic and spice lamb. 
Total nose bleed haha Monkey Wink Yoyo
*If you are wondering how I remembered all that, well I didn't. I cheated and went to their online menu. I could only remember the types of meat. Okay, if we're being honest, I actually didn't even know what was in the stuff lol*
I loved everything except that fish and kind of the sausage. The sausage was a bit to salty and spicy for me, keep in mind that I put bucket loads of salt on just about everything. But I did power through it and I liked the flavors and overall it was a pretty good sausage. Now my most hated one was the fish. I did eat it though but the texture was like chicken. It didn't have that nice 'flaky'? fish-like layering-ness to it, I don't know how to describe fish texture but you know what I mean. To me this was like medium cooked chicken texture. It was so weird. However I did like the flavor so it wasn't all bad. 
All the mains came out on the metal stick and for meats such as the beef or pork, it was in massive chunks that were sliced off for you at the table. And like I said before, it was practically all out can eat so you were able to have as many slices or pieces you wanted. You were also able to go for seconds, so say you finished eating everything but wanted more beef, you simply just had to ask for them to bring out the stick again. Of course if you are unlucky, you may have to wait while the chiefs roast another portion of meat, which would be about a 10-15min wait. 
Dessert, my favorite part of the night. I barely made it to this, I was so stuff I almost declined dessert. Anyone who knows me knows that that is a very rare 'blue moon' moment.  But I was determined, particularly because I saw jelly on the menu. We all got a taste of each others dessert but mainly stuck to our own. I had the Cheesecake Trifle 'Decadent layers of cheesecake, cubed jelly, pastry cream, and biscotti crumbs'. We got 2 Vanilla Creme Brulees 'Silken vanilla custard topped with crunchy dark brown, teeth sticking caramel' and 2 Apple and Pear Tarte Tatin 'Finely sliced Williams pears and Granny Smith apples caramelized and topped with Chantilly cream, Rum and Raisin ice cream'.
The creme brulee's hard caramel layer cracked perfectly and I just find it exciting every time I hear that crisp crackle sounds, it's basically preparing your taste buds for the tantalizingness ahead. And boy was it tantalizing. My cheesecake trifle was... gahhh! no words! I really liked it. It was jam packed with flavor and everything you could ever want or except out of a cheesecake trifle. I didn't get to eat much of the apple and pear tarte tatin because everyone else seemed to enjoy it so much. The bits that I did get to eat though were scrumptious. The pastry was that nice soft kind of crispy outside and the apple and pear filling insider were beautifully sweet.
A job well done demolishing everything Monkey Emoticons 
You can imagine what I did afterwards. I planned a lengthy jog for the morning whilst knowing that I would never follow through, whilst snuggly rolling in my bed with a fully belly of pudge.
Here is their website for further information www.fireflygrill.com.au/ or you can head to their Facebook page. I really recommend checking this place out, especially during their fantastic 50% off deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment