Instagram username: yannnieee

Thursday, May 23, 2013

FREE... dom?

Uh not quite just yet. Though I've been freed(?) free-ed... from the trials and tribulations, the pain and agony, the blood, sweat and tears, the hardship and sorrow... you get the point. Just the overall shittiness of assignments. I think you know how much crap that's been going on. Literally assignments after the next. And honestly it's not my fault I wasn't on top of everything. I had to ask for extensions for EVERY single one of my assignment. Oh EXCEPT for one. The one that started it all. The one that ruined my entire semester. It was the one that I focused all my attention and which caused me to neglect me other studies and assessment pieces and to top it all off, I didn't even get a great mark. I got 62/100. Barely even a credit. Absolutely terrible. And why you ask did I put all my energy into this assignment. Well I'll tell you why. Because someone I thought I could depend on and count on let me down. I don't give a bloody rats ass if she who shall not be named even reads this. Maybe then she'll actually give a fuck. This assignment was a group assignment. Why they chose to give us a group assignment in third year is beyond me. Fucking crappy and ridiculous. I don't want to damage my graduate position because others couldn't get their shit together. Anyway, I went with two other friends and because the group need to consist of 6 people we had to have someone else added in to kinda be closer to 6. All together we had 4 girls which was already a small group. The other girl I later found out was in second year so I'm sure she was living in happy second year land where everything is still a fairy tale and magical fairy dust and unicorns exist while I was living in reality aka a pit of fiery hell also known as struggle street. Anyway this girl had no fucking consideration whatsoever to the rest of the group. I didn't even meet her until we were three weeks into the assignment. And even then she didn't do anything. She made absolutely no fucking contribution to the group. When confronted with our issues and concerns she turned it around on us saying that we didn't try to work with her. When in fact we had arranged MULTIPLE meetings with her to suit her 'busy schedule' and she'd just text us last minute making up excuses like 'I have a work meet' oh I'm fucking sorry, I never knew work meetings take all fucking day you whore. After that I wanted to inform our lecturer and have her removed from our group. But the other girl from the group wanted to give her another chance and asked her to write a paragraph for us which took her the longest century to write. Eventually the timing went awry and we didn't end up kicking her off or reporting her. But that is one issue I've semi let go. My biggest issue is with the other girl in the group. My friend was dealing with her own issues and I fully understand that. I mean I get it, I really do. I don't think it's actually unheard of that people go through shit in they're life. I've been through a fuck load of shit. More than I like to divulge, maybe at another time that isn't 3 in the morning. I don't think it's totally unreasonable for me to expect that she not let her shit affect a group assignment. If we ask you to do something you should do it to the best of your abilities. And she definitely did not do that. I was rewriting everything she produced. It was all shit. That's me being blatantly honest.  So not only was me and my other friend having to pull the leg work of some fuck wit we didn't even know, we had to support my other friend who wasn't with it. Eventually she couldn't handle it anymore and made a dramatic get away escape and dropped out of the course and left everything behind in an instant. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was dramatic. I'm not going to go into the details of her departure because that's her business but I will say that it was all very dramatized. She didn't even really tell anyone the core reason behind what caused a certain reaction which caused her 'cant handle' moving to another state. That was all good for her, to be able to get away from it all. I'm slightly envious. I really wish that I could just get away. But I'm more so pissed off. She left! And me and my friend were left to do an assignment that was originally meant for 6 people, was now left for just us to do. 2 people in 1 week. We did it but I took all our concentration on the one assessment piece. Which now leads us back to my original predicament of falling behind. In all honestly, I can't really blame anyone but myself. I like to think that other people such as my friend played a part in it but ultimately it comes down to me and if I'm really being honest, there were many times I procrastinated, partied, and just wasted a lot of my time when I could have been doing my assignments. 
Anyway, even though I'm done with assignment for this semester, I've still got an uphill battle to face. I have exams to study for and though they're still a few week away, I've got to start preparing now. My mother is leaving to go to china to deal with some housing issues and she'll be gone for three weeks. Which means I have to help out at the family restaurant while she's away. So I won't have any time to study at night since I'll be taking the night shift. After two weeks my dad will be joining my mother which means during my exam block, I'll be all alone in the house. With the expecting of the dogs. Now I love my dogs but I hate taking care of them. And that's during holidays. I don't really want to look after two dogs during exams. Fully stressing already. I don't even wanna thinking about what I'm going to do about food. I may starve!? Lol jk! Look at me, I'll never starve haha. 
To top if off I just found out for placement next semester (placement is when I get to go on prac as a student nurse to hospitals and gain experience. No pay, full shift work and its Monday to Friday for 4 weeks) I'm on first and second block meaning it begins on the 1st of July. Let me out that into perspective for you. My last exam is on the 21st of June. Meaning I have exactly a week and a before I head off to placement. Meaning I have a week of holiday. Oh but wait! I've decided a week of holiday is wayyy too much time lol -_- I just signed up for a course to do over the week. MEANING no holidays. AT ALL! I've decided to do this because I believe that it will be good for me in the long run. After struggling to do 4 courses this semester I think by doing one during the holiday and only doing 3 courses next semester, I might be able to keep my sanity. Here's hoping. 
Anyway that is the latest update in the life of YAN so fascinating, I know. I promise to have something interesting to talk about in the next post or at least not bore you with my petty little issues. But then again this is my blog so... If you don't like it then GTFO! Yeah! But no seriously, not leave. LOVE ME!!! I don't have many friends :( lol! ^^ 
Love y'all and stay hip 
X♡X

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Your life is so cray cray.... like seriously so dramatic... I will come visit you in the holiday and bring you food :P Jasmine

    ReplyDelete