Instagram username: yannnieee

Saturday, June 2, 2012

♡ HAUL ♡

Who likes shopping!? I like shopping!!!
LOL I legit just sang that in my head therefore if you read that normally, you HAVE to go back and sing it along with me ^^ YAY sing-a-long 
Hoki Doki. It's time for another HAUL lol actually, I just like spending money hehehe
There honestly was no good reason as to why I bought what I bought today. I just wanted it and I trieddd to talk myself out of it. But I just wouldn't listen to myself. Goshhh I'm so stubborn!  

I've heard A LOT of good things about Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation. So I thought I'd head to my local Myer and check it out. Whilst there I realized that I needed a new powder. Now if I was able to continue my Sydney story, you would know why I need a new powder. I posted not too long ago about a newly purchased a Revlon Photoready Powder foundation so it's not like I've run out already and I wouldn't buy a new product when I have a perfectly fine one. No, I didn't leave it in Sydney (technically) and no, I didn't lose it. 


You will get a chance to find out about that in the coming days but for now let stay on topic. Anyway I checkout out the powders and after much deliberation I purchased both the foundation and the powder. Which by the way was pretty hefty prices, they were not cheap at all. 

So this is the packaging it comes in. Pretty standard Chanel make-up item packaging. The one on the bottom left is a bit of a surprise :) hehehe






So this is the compact powder in Translucent 2 30 Naturel. It  also comes in loose form which is HUGE and a bit cheaper. So I technically had to pay more for less but just more convenience. I am actually super excited to try this out. I tested it out on the back of my hand and it felt SO soft and velvety. I was so amazed! I can't wait to see how this will turn out on my face.  


That is what the foundation looks like. I got it in B10 Beige Pastel. It has SPF 15 in it and it is also water based. I've heard super great things about it so I have high expectations. Hopefully it lives up to all the hype. 
When I was still just looking, the Chanel lady informed me about their new release Vitalumiere Aqua Cream Foundation. So it's basically the same thing but in cream form and would come in a compact style. This seemed appealing to me also and I've kinda been getting sick of having to use my hands for make-up application all the time. I was a bit worried about it because the texture of the product would be more creamer and since I have oily skin, cream foundations don't look too great on me. So I just stuck with the liquid. However when I was purchasing the two products, the lady was kind enough to give me a sample of the cream. So I think I will try that first tomorrow and if I like it, I might even go return the liquid and buy the cream. Hmmm we'll see. So that was the little surprise I mentioned earlier hehe. Surprise!! 











So the next place I headed to was David Jones to check out MAC because I wanted to get the eyebrow set. BUT I got distracted on my way there and saw the super cute bag in MIMCO. I went into the store JUST to look and it really was a cute bag. I really wanted it, maybe if it was $300 lol But I looked around a bit more and saw these super cute clips. They were discounted to $15 for one set of two, originally they were $24.95. These clip also came in blackish grey and browish but I liked the multi red color ^^ 
Then I saw these stockings which were discounted ridiculously. Originally these stockings were $39.95 but I bought them for $10. Amazing or what!? Others were $20 but that's because the originally price was higher also. I'm not too sure about the quality yet because I haven't opened or tried it yet but I'm hoping for stockings that were originally $39.95, they would be pretttyyy good. I only bought one because I was worried about sizing and quality but if I like them, I'll go back and get more. The only thing is that AFTER I bought it the lady informed me that there was a thicker version and these weren't as warm. I guess these would be good from windy summer days. I might go back and buy the thicker ones for winter.

So after my little side track, I purchased the MAC Eyebrow Set. Nothing much to say about this product but it is my first ever MAC product. Oh! MAC virginity, gone :P 


I'll do an update/review on all this stuff (except for the clips lol) after a sufficient amount of trial time. Hopefully the next post will be about Sydney though. I hate not knowing and not being able to tell you everything while it is still fresh. The hype over Sydney has kinda subsided in me and even somethings I kinda have to jog my memory. Hopefully when I do post the rest, I don't leave anything out.
Until then readers Monkey Emoticons stay fresh yo yo! 


Including this add on:
So I went back to the MIMCO store today because the stockings were AMAZING! These are really good quality stockings and a pretty good price. The only thing is that these are pretty high maintenance stockings. The washing instructions say to hand wash in warm water using mild soap. Now that is pretty specific but it goes on. It has to be drip dried in the shade, not to me tumble dried or ironed and it's got to be kept separate from other clothing items to prevent staining. LOL!! These were made in Italy and I swear almost anything from Italy is high maintenance but mostly ONLY hand washing which has made me come to the conclusion that the Italians have yet to discover this amazing invention call the washing machine lol I went and bought more stockings even though they have stupid high maintenance washing instructions (not that I'd listen to them anyway). 
I got three but one is for my mother. The first one isn't poka dots but like slightly see-through kind od dots. Sounds weird but it looks good. Then the ones behind that is the same as the ones I first purchased but the thicker/shiny version which is for my mummy. And the last one is like a slightly see-through strip-y style. The only thing is that when I picked them up I made extra sure to get the all in S/M because that is the size the will fit my height. But the store lady got some new ones from the back and when I got home I realised that two of them, the thick one and the dot one are M/L which are too long for me and my mum. I tried the dot one on and it's pretty bearable so I don't think I'll go back and change them. I don't even think MIMCO allows for swaps or refunds on sale items which is so silly but whatever, I'll live I guess :( 
Other than that mishap, first experience with MIMCO stockings is pretty darn amazing. I really like these stockings and I recommend getting some while it is still on sale. 
These ones were the $19 ones so I paid $57 for the three. Such great deals for great quality. Usually going to Myer and buying a pair of stockings there, the cheapest is $20-$30 and I'd be lucky to get equally as great of quality as these ones for that price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment