Instagram username: yannnieee

Friday, June 22, 2012

♡ My hair is PINK! ♡

I dyed my hair PINK!

Now that I have your attention, let me just start by saying that I am not lying. I 'technically' did dye it pink, technically :P
Jewelry Pink and Raspberry macaron to be exact. 
So I got these two bottles from Japan courtesy of my future sister-in-law. Because I have long and thick hair, I needed two bottles  to do the job but my brother's fiance only bought a bottle of each color so I had to mix the two together. 
Now I don't exactly wanted my hair to be pink but the picture on the box isn't too bad of a color and my mother assured me that because me hair is pretty dark the color wouldn't transfer as light and that was coming from previous experiences with my hair. Since she was the one dyeing my hair, I trusted her. Big mistake! But you'll know all about that in a little bit.

This is the packaging. BeautyLabo in Jewelry Pink and Palty in Raspberry Macaron. 
It comes with the instructions  which is basically useless since it's all in Japanese so I just go by the diagrams but dyeing hair products are usually all the same.
If you've never dyed hair before, it's pretty simple. Get the tube labelled 1 and empty it into the bottle labelled 2. Shake it like crazy, with the cap on of course, until the mixture is all mixed. Then use the nozzle it comes with, mine is in the form of a brush type, and attach it to the bottle containing the mixture. Then just start applying it all over your hair. Wait about 20-30mins afterwards, I usually wait the full 30mins with a shower cap on and then rinse it all off. I think some people don't shampoo but I do. The way I think about it is that when I've previously dyed it in salons, they usually wash your hair afterwards with shampoo to rid the hair of the chemicals. So I would do the same at home too. I always have and I honestly don't think it has effected the outcome. After shampoo I use the conditioner it comes with. Then Voila. Simple and easy. 
I think I should also mention that when I was waiting the 30mins, my head was burning. Not the whole head but different points, it was bearable but I'm unsure as to why it happened. I've used both these brands before so it shouldn't be the product itself, but I'm thinking it might be due to using two different ones and the reaction was just causing some pain. But other than that brief bit of pain there isn't any other problems.


So this is the color of my hair before.
So there's a fair bit of regrowth but it's not too bad. I don't think it was really evident in person and I didn't dye it for that reason. I really just wanted a change in color. So this is under a yellowish light (just my normal bathroom heating lights) with no flash
This is with flash.


READY? *drum roll* 





TA DA!!

No flash.
With flash. 
I think you can kinda see the hints of pink but it's pretty red-ish, burgundy, light brown. And I don't particularly like this. It's way to light for me. I guess it doesn't seem that way in the pictures but it's lighter in person. I'm just generally unhappy with this. The color itself is nice but not for me and not what I wanted or expected. Also you can still see a lot of the regrowth black underneath the top layer of hair so using two bottles didn't even cover it, unless my mother didn't do it properly. It's just really not what I was expecting but i guess it is partly my fault. The color came out pretty true to the advertised picture and that isn't what I thought would happen, silly me right lol. 
I think I will get use to this over time and hopefully it'll change over the weeks into a darker color. If not then I am definitely dyeing my hair again the first change I get to a dark brown color. Maybe even try to get my old color back since I liked the kinda highlighted look which, I might add, came about by serendipity.
This is the color in natural sun light. It's pretty redish with hints of pink undertones so it doesn't look too bad. 

Thought I'd take some nice selfies since I was already outside taking pictures lol. The garden is blooming with flowers and the sky was such a nice clear blue, I had to take advantage of this perfect photo opportunity ^^ 
Anyway that is about it for my hair tales.  
Until next time, byeee

No comments:

Post a Comment