Instagram username: yannnieee

Thursday, January 17, 2013

♡ Gyming ♡

Day four! Yup that's right! I've been to the gym ever day since I joined. Yay for commitment. People say if you can get through the first two weeks you are pretty much in the clear- commitment wise. So these next few days are going to challenge me.
My arms and legs are sooo sore. But a good 'I'm working my butt off' sore. Today is the day I hit up HIIT (high intense interval training) meaning a few seconds of brisk walking and then a few seconds of sprinting. Then just keep that rotation going for 10mins. Apparently HIIT is the best and fastest method to loose weight. The catch is apparently you can't do it every day. You must leave 24-48hrs in between the next session. According to research that period of rest time is actually when you burn the fat off. So if you're doing more intense running then your body won't have the time needed to burn the fat off. I'm not sure how it all works but if that means I get a day off, I'll take it :p
I better see some results soon!!! I deserve it. I even broke a nail the other day! Gyming is serious business. 
At least gyming now means I have a fresh new scenery for selfies :p hehehe.
...And an excuse to drink more yummy smoothies. Here is my post work out banana and berry smoothie. I used low fat milk, blue berries, strawberries, dried cranberries, and banana, blended it all together and drank away. It's super yummy and it's really good for you. According to the site I found it from the drink is suppose to help replenish all those electrolytes lost through sweat during the workout, it also provides muscle building proteins along with re-energizing carbohydrates. That is more than enough reason to tell me to drink it. I actually am not kidding how good it tastes. You wouldn't think all the berries and a banana would taste well together but it does. But I think I mostly suprised by the milk. It's low fat so I just assumed that it would taste aweful but my golly, it might even be better than full cream milk. I wanna try soy, almond and rice milk next. Yum Yum! 

1 comment: