Instagram username: yannnieee

Sunday, April 29, 2012

♡ Girls Night out! ♡

Me and my friend went to see The Avengers which was followed by dinner and dessert. 

MOVIE

Let me just say that Avengers was highly hyped up and rightly so. Usually with movies such as these, by the time they get released, it's not everything you wanted it to be and you're left disappointed. The beauty of this movie was that there was absolutely no disappointment at all. I left the cinema gleeful and ecstatic. And any movie with Chris Evans is instantly fantastic. I think I might just be in love <3 
We were at Pacific Fair Cinemas
Definitely a movie worth seeing and it was well worth the long excruciating wait. 

DINNER

After the movie, we went to BroadBeach and ate Mexican. First time eating at this place called Guzman Y Gomez (GYG) and I ordered the Beef Bowl which doesn't really sound too appetizing but it wasn't all that bad. A beef bowl is rice, cheddar cheese, vegetarian black beans, salsa, and slow roasted beef in GYG's Guerrero marinade with Pico de Gallo salsa, served in a bowl (except it came in a takeaway container so it didn't really come in a bowl haha), then I got guacamole added to it. I paid $12.50 and it was slightly more than average serving for what I would consider it to be a upper-class fast food joint. It might look fancy (not really) but it's still just a fast food place in disguise. It's probably one of those places I would go when I don't know what to eat and I feel like a cheap, fast meal. I actually was pleasantly surprised that they didn't mess up the rice. Some place that serve rice with food, it comes out hard and almost uncooked. I really enjoyed my bowl, I must have because I ate the whole thing. I wanna try their Nachos if I ever go again. 

DESSERT

After dinner, we of course had to have dessert. We went to Max Brenners and I ordered a Milk Chocolate with waffle balls. BEST HOT DRINK EVER! The waffle balls are coated in chocolate and when they enter you mouth, it's literally like they are melting in your mouth. So amazing! Of course you know that the coating of chocolate was melted because of the hot chocolate that it was swimming in but still just the feeling is amazing.  It was the first drink I ever got when MaxB first opened and it's still one on my favorites. Definitely go try it if you haven't already. And if you haven't, then what on earth have you been doing!?! Gosh! :P 

Outfit of the Day OOTD 

or in this case, night~ last night to be exact lol 

I wore black jeans and a orange/peachy top. Most tops in this style these days are really sheer and see through. What I love about this top is that it's the same material but not see through. I try to not get the see through tops because I just prefer not to have to wear a single underneath. I like that I can wear whatever colour bra and not have it be visible to the whole world.
I didn't notice this before going out but when I got home and started to take pictures I noticed the right shoulder of the top had been ruined. Going to have to sew the little bit back together. The top image is the left should and what the right shoulder should look like.
I also added a red scarf because it was freezing cold outside and raining (I left the scarf in the car when I took pictures). Originally it was just going to be a movie so I pair the outfit with my white flats that have these cute little bubble things on the tips of the shoes. If I knew we were going for dinner and dessert, I probably would have wore heels or boots since it was raining. I like wearing heels so my feet aren't flooded by the pools of water everywhere. My poor flats were soaking by the end of the night :( 

What's in the bag?

I only took the essentials because I didn't want to have to drag a whole suitcase to the cinema. I had my phone, wallet and mini make up bag. Most of the time my mini make up bag is with me because I find it hard to find things in my bag, especially in the big tote bags. So much easier to grab this mini bag in less than 5 seconds than rummaging through a massive bag for like 5mins. I pack this bag before heading out because my essentials change from day to day. So last night I kept moisturizer, hair tie, bobby pin, lip gloss, lip stick, compact powder foundation, mascara, and eyeliner. The only things I actually used was the lip stick, foundation and eyeliner, for a bit of a touch up after the movie. 


I get a bit weird when no ones looking hehe

1 comment: