Instagram username: yannnieee

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

♡ Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Recipe ♡

It's 3:00am and I remembered that I said I was gonna do this like... yesterday... slack haha what can I say I'm on holidays ^^
Any-hoo let's get this scrumptious recipe started BUT before I do, I can't take the credit. I actually got the recipe from a super amazing and ridculously fantabulous youtube lady called missglamorazzi. You should all definitely go check her out, her videos are amaze-bangin! Here's the link to her video if you wanna see the pro make it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjOz0haZ4w
I also saw her panda mug and when I saw it in the store it kinda made me more inclined to buy it. So every time I drink this rich and peanuty drink out of my mug, I feel like I'm channeling her.... and NO it's totally not creepy! I swear! 


Ingredients

  • Milk
  • Cocoa Mix (I used Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate Powder)
  • Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy optional)
  • Reece's mini peanut butter cups
  • Vanilla essence
  • Nutmeg
  • Cinnamon
  • Whipped cream

Let's Begin 

1. Grab a saucepan and pour a cup of milk in. This will be enough for one serving so add some more milk if you are making a big batch. 

2. Place it over the stove that is medium heat.
3. Once the milk has been heated up, but not boiling, place 2 spoon fulls of cocoa powder (you can add more if you prefer it to be super chocolaty). Then stir the cocoa until it is mixed well into the milk. After this I test tired it a bit to see if I needed to add sugar, I didn't but you are welcome to if it isn't sweet enough for you. 

4. Then add half a spoon of peanut butter. Seriously do not over do the peanut butter. Learn from my mistake, I added two spoon fulls and it just didn't melt well into the drink and then it was too thick and gluggy and gross. Just don't do it. If you want to add more peanut butter than do it in portions, add a little bit first and try it out before adding more. Make sure the peanut butter is melted well into the mixture.

5. Add a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon. I like cinnamon a lot so I add a lot more than just a dash. Probably like a teaspoon. Maybe more... :P

6. Then add a few drops (like about 3-4) of the vanilla essence. 
7. Then just mix and stir and mix and stir. I remember when I was in highschool taking home economic, my teacher taught me a cleaver little stirring trick to make sure you stirred everything well. Go around the edge of the pan stirring it around 3 times and then when you get back to the top, make a figure 8 in the middle. It's silly but it just stuck with me and I still stir like that. Just a little tidbit I thought I might share. 
8. After everything is thoroughly mixed, just pour the drinking into a mug.

9. Then it's time to decorate. Go crazy with the whip creme and add it like it's not gonna hit your hips. Then just top it off with some mini peanut butter cups and voila you're done. Easy as 1, 2, 3 
 Now go and sip some yumminesspanda 48
Oh and don't forget to take some cute selfies of your pretty mug with your cute drinking mug ^^ (see what I did there ;) heheheee) 
panda 39

No comments:

Post a Comment